Human Semblance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site best viewed with

This is a play-by-post style roleplaying game where the aim is to create a collaborative story featuring characters of your own creation. Everybody of any skill level is welcome here and just having fun is encouraged!

HOME
Rules
F.A.Q.
Human Semblance Storyline
Character Creation Walk-through
The Bio Form
Power Sets

Our button:

Affiliate with us!
Click HERE to find out how.

Advertise Your Site
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOM

The Quick and the DEAD

2 posters

Go down

The Quick and the DEAD Empty The Quick and the DEAD

Post by Devil Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:21 am

The Quick and the DEAD NewCharSig
S E R E N I T Y | L O C K H A R T

"This is hopeless. I was never a bloody bike mechanic..." Serenity continues to try and configure the bike's chain that was rotated near the pedals. It didn't look like she knew what she was doing; it was already off and broken to begin with, and her hands were only torturing the synthetic ligament at this point. Her fingers were black with the grease they lubricated the chain with. Her lips are knit into a frown. "You've got to be kidding me!" She stands up from her position. It did not take long for her to plant her foot aggressively into the side of the red bike, causing it to fall over and skip briefly across the pavement.

She scoffs. "What now? Everything's knee deep in shit." The girl contemplates out loud as she continues her slow walking pace. "Not to mention I'm getting tired of this grotty province. Haven't eaten something that hasn't died three months ago in what, two weeks?" After her agitated mutters she would hear footsteps. "Now don't tell me that the dead was alarmed by the damn bike..."
Devil
Devil
Symptomatic Love Addict

Scorpio Posts : 91
Spirit Points : 292

Back to top Go down

The Quick and the DEAD Empty Re: The Quick and the DEAD

Post by kokuou_munashii Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:08 am

The Quick and the DEAD Original___Lyr_McCraig_by_Sayael-1
Shade's of |Grey

The wind would shift and bring with it the smell of smoke, and food cooking from down the road. If followed down the street, it would lead directly to the Parkside Pub and Grill, although it would be easily seen from a distance. That was because someone had already boarded up the windows and used the neon orange paint and same colored fabric one would normally see at construction sites to make it jump out at people. It was from this place that the smell of food was coming from. On closer inspection someone had also spray painted the words "If You Can Read This, Your Probably Not THEM. Door combo is 36-26-16, Knock if no lock is present." across the door. Someone had also set the heavy door so that one could attach a pad lock or combination lock to the front, so it could be locked from the outside. No lock was present.

Grey had spent several Several days working on this location, one of several 'safe points' for potential survivors and as emergency bolt holes in case one of the locations turned up with the Infected or people needed a resting place while crossing the city. He had already cleared the place of infected, and set it up so that it was as secure as he could. Somehow the place's power had never gone out, so most of the food was still edible. After cleaning the place he had started to smoke the food prepare stuff so that if the power ever did fail the food itself would not be ruined as well. not that he was going to leave a lot of food for other people, he did not trust people well enough to believe that they would leave food for other people after they left, but if the human race as a whole was to survive someone had to do something. So leaving a small supply of weapons like baseball bats and pipes in one area and a few days worth of food was acceptable. but most of this work was for his own benefit, he had a bit more work to do with the food, but that was not something he would finish until after his lunch, a nice stir fry designed to provide a lot of energy and nutrition.
Glancing over a map of the area as he ate he would mutter to himself "Damn this is some boring shit. I wonder if this work is even worth it?"

kokuou_munashii

Spirit Points : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 am

The can she was looking at had metallic warts and bulges on its external surface. She knew as she looked at it that it was old and growing something inside of it that would kill a person if they ate it. She tosses it behind her and it hits the ground sharply before rolling to a stop. Serenity looked sickly. Her frame looked exceptionally brittle and scraggly and her skin was a little on the pallid side because of a deficiency of proper nutrients. Through her visuals alone anyone could tell that if she didn't eat something that wouldn't make her sick in at least a day she would die.

Her nose pries at a sweet aroma billowing in the wind. “Is that food I smell?” She quietly questions to herself. “I don't got legs for nothing. They better help me at least this much.”

After that she would jog off towards the source. She passed by residential areas and didn't see any of Them, yet. Now she was being quiet so she wouldn't bring any attention to her. Anyone who could see her would be able to. The bold orange paint easily catches her eye. After three minutes of swift paced travel she comes to a stop. Her breath tumbles from her mouth in fatigued pants as she reads the context presented to her. “Looks like I made a damn good trip today!” She seems spirited. With one hand on her hip and the other elevated, she puts a trio of solid knocks on the door after she seen that no lock was available.
Devil
Devil
Symptomatic Love Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kokuou_munashii Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 am

Shade's of |Grey

Grey would look up sharply from the map as three heavy knocks reverberated from the door. "Well, Shit. That happened faster then I expected." As he stood up a blade that could be easily identified as a medical scalpel would seem to appear in his hand and he would swiftly move over to the door, taking a quick glance through a security peep hole before undoing the chain and heavy bolt and opening the door.
"Welcome. You hurt or hungry?" He would say before pausing as he got a better look at the person. "..Wait, Serenity? Bloody hell it is you! Damn wasn't sure if I would see people I actually knew alive again. Come on in here!" he would say as he waved her inside with the hand that did not have the scalpel in it. Once she was inside he would quickly lock the door again and put his weapon away. "..Glad to see your alive."

kokuou_munashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:49 am

With the voice emitting from the door, she seemed relieved. Relief was uncanny to see in her sallow eyes. Then came her surprise after the familiar voice declared that it belonged to nobody other than her old friend.

"Seriously?" The girl has to catch her jaw from dropping, for she had been in shock. She had not seen anyone she knew for months. She seemed merry about it which was peculiar for the brunette because she was usually the one to give anyone the cold shoulder.

She steps in, eyes wide as she stupidly gawks at him. A fat pause parted her response and his comment. Then she'd throw her arms around him to bind him into her notably tight hug. Serenity always had a steel grip uncharacteristic to her gender, though commonly telling her that always resulted in danger.

"It's good to see a friendly face." She reveals as she buries her head a little. "One that isn't dead."
Devil
Devil
Symptomatic Love Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kokuou_munashii Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:37 am

Shade's of |Grey

Grey's eyebrows would rise as he was suddenly caught in a vary tight hug. For a movement Grey thought about commenting about her being careful not to break his ribs, but remembering the past, and the fact that it would just ruin the moment, he would just smile and hug back, but not nearly as tightly. His face would grow stern for a moment at the mention of friendly faces that were not dead and nod as his expression returned to normal. "Yes, Yes it is." then he would say "Now, lets get you something to eat, I still have half a skillet of stir-fry i had made for lunch, and i want to see about finishing turning some of that older meat into jerky before it goes bad. And hey, We got an open bar." He would finish with a chuckle.

kokuou_munashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 am

Her arms stop distributing excessive pressure and she takes a step back. The mention of food causes her brow to elevate and her small smile to return.

“And whose to have a reunion without a visit to the open bar?” To accompany his side, she takes a step forward. Her other hand goes back to holding the string attached to her black pair of boxing gloves. She'd nearly dropped them and would have had she forgot about them. They hang lazily to the rear of her shoulder.

“It'll have to wait. I barely have the energy to be gabbing this much.” With her free hand she brushes some strands of hair out of her eyes. “I would have died if you weren't to treat me to all of this.” Her smile had faded by this time as the topic became more grave than before.
Devil
Devil
Symptomatic Love Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down