Human Semblance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site best viewed with

This is a play-by-post style roleplaying game where the aim is to create a collaborative story featuring characters of your own creation. Everybody of any skill level is welcome here and just having fun is encouraged!

HOME
Rules
F.A.Q.
Human Semblance Storyline
Character Creation Walk-through
The Bio Form
Power Sets

Our button:

Affiliate with us!
Click HERE to find out how.

Advertise Your Site
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOM

Intermediate/Advanced RPGs

2 posters

Go down

Intermediate/Advanced RPGs Empty Intermediate/Advanced RPGs

Post by Lex'Talionis Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 am

Does anybody else feel these RPGs that enforce 250+ word posts have a skewed idea of what "good roleplay" is?

In my opinion, writing about a character's thoughts, their environment, how the always-present wind furls their hair, flashbacks, etc, is spam. Unless it's relevant, it bores the audience; but in these silly "advanced" sites, you're forced to. No wonder so many I've been skimming haven't amassed any members. We have more and we just started. Laughing

Lex'Talionis
Admin

Spirit Points : 301

https://humansemblance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Intermediate/Advanced RPGs Empty Re: Intermediate/Advanced RPGs

Post by Devil Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm

I think that people should save allotting information about their character for when it's appropriate and called for, not in periodic thoughts and flashbacks to drag the post beyond 250 words. Not saying that every character has to be an enigma, but conserving information like that when it's actually relevant would make the posts I see so frequently on RP sites like that less of eyesores. It's funny when these simpletons actually proclaim themselves equal to English majors because they can ramble about things irrelevant with no actual substance. This 'grandeur' is usually led by the notion that they're 'better' than others, hence their fickle grading systems. It's annoying.
Devil
Devil
Symptomatic Love Addict

Scorpio Posts : 91
Spirit Points : 292

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum